Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Time flies........

So Gracie has officially become a Kindergartner!!! I cannot believe it! The saying is true time sure flies when your having fun!! She has been so excited....but just to ride the bus!! :) So since Monday we have missed the bus twice.. talk about devastation!



The first time we missed it was the first day, this was not our fault believe me she got ready and was waiting, but we were not sure on the time that the bus would be here... and I guess we only missed it by like 5 min. So i drove her to school and she was a little upset. Then we got there and she told me she didn't want me to take her in, she wanted to do this on her own. And it didn't surprise me that while all the other (well most) kids were clinging to their moms legs for dear life, Gracie ran to the door and never even looked back!! Then she got on the bus to go home all on her own also, I have her bus number written on a piece of paper inside her backpack, and i was soooo super worried she wouldn't get on the right one! So Acen and I anxiously waited for her to get off the bus.... Just as I was starting to panic I saw the bus!! She got off with the biggest smile on her face! She loved it and she loved school too!! Even tho she says all the kids are shy!lol So the next day I kinda had a better idea as to the bus schedule and we made the bus to go that day, but then I got a phone call from her teacher at school.... I thought to myself "seriously.. already?" But she was just calling to tell me that Gracie had "got distracted" and missed the bus!!! So I left and went to get her, she tells me that she went out the wrong door and got lost.. I am not sure what really happened, but we made it home.. So I thought ok now we kinda know whats going on tomorrow will be a better day! It has to be! The day started out great it was early Wednesday so we left early to meet the bus and we made it on time!! I set my alarm on my phone so that i wouldn't forget to meet her earlier this time... well a few hours later i hear the door open, I look and its Gracie!!! sweating and panting!!!! For those of you who don't know we live a little ways off the main road so this is why meeting the bus is a little stressful, i cant see it from the house so it has to be somewhat timed.... So yes i had my phone upstairs and never heard the alarm and she had to walk home!!! I felt terrible!! As she walked in she said "MAN! that's one long dirt road!" My heart melted! So I got her a drink and a treat, she had to tell me all about her day, and I think she actually thought it was kinda cool to walk home!!! So lets just hope we get the hang of this soon!! I mean how hard can it be!! Wish us luck!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

It's about time you are back to blogging ; ) That is so cute that Gracie is excited to ride the bus!!! Summer wishes she could ride the bus.

the olsen family said...

Gracie is such a little YOU! She is a kindergartener going on 16 year old! Watch out...

Malizia's said...

She is too BIG. I can't beleive that she is already in school. I can't wait to see what more adventures are to come!

Callisters said...

Can you believe we already have kindergartners. Oh Becky I got a good laugh out of your bus stories, oh I bet your heart sunk at the moment, but can you laugh at it now?! But honestly don't you think it needs to be a couple of hours longer? How are we supposed to get anything done around here. Keep up the stories, I love them.

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I think Gracie looks so cute after school sitting on the bus. I can't believe they have started school, Katelyn has given me a couple of stories too!

Angie Tolman said...

Okay so I am trying to catch up with everyone, but I just had to comment!! I love the bus stories. We, too had great bus stories, I haven't even blogged about. The best part???? Judson had to change from afternoon to morning so he could actually have a ride during the middle part of the day. NICE!! I love it though.. Good luck especially with the cold weather!!!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

Just letting you know we changed our blog address to summerstimelessmoments.blogspot.com