Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thank You!

On Thanksgiving as I pulled into the driveway I saw this suburban parked in the front of the house.. I thought this was odd, but went in. Well Sadie was there and I asked her if she had got a new car..she said nope. I was having a bad day anyways, and as I headed down the stairs to hide in my room she said.."I need you to help me get something out of the car." I was not to thrilled since I was looking forward to hiding out for a while before everyone showed up for Thanksgiving dinner. I have just been so stressed with so many things, worrying about how I am going to buy Christmas, getting Gracie switched to her new school, all of my assignments I had due for school, just EVERYTHING! Anyways, I walked out with Sadie to the car and she opened the back of the suburban and oh my goodness FULL of Christmas gifts from a 'secret santa'. I am not one to show emotion in front of people, so holding back my tears I demanded for her to tell me who had done this for us! She refused of course!! LoL! I cannot express the overwhelming feeling of appreciation I had. I thought of all the times I had participated in the Angel Tree's and bought gifts for low income families, and how the little things you do come back in some way. I in no way felt like I deserved this one bit, nor did I think that this would ever happen to me! I thought of how there are probably so many more deserving families then us. Then I thought to myself how when I graduate and get a good job and I can afford to I will return this thoughtful act to someone. I want to tell Sadie Thank you so much, and if the 'secret santa' is reading this by chance, just know I am so very thankful, and I will never be able to express to you what a relief this was for me, and how much I appreciate this kind act. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and may you be blessed this year! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

We did have a great Thanksgiving, and the kids are getting so BiG! Acen LOVES going to day care! He wakes up and first thing he has to get dressed and get his hair combed! Such a morning boy!


Gracie is doing really good, missing her daddy tho. He is in St. George for a little while, but she will see him at Christmas! She is switching schools... she will be starting Mckinley on Monday. I was worried how she would take this, but we had a long talk about it and as much as I thought she would be sad she wasnt! She was actually very excited. She has been having some trouble at North Park with some kids there, and I think she was ready for a new start! She has such a fun personality I know she will make new friends quickly!


2 comments:

Tasha said...

Becky this is so neat! I'm so excited for you guys! I miss you guys so much & Acen looks so big! I'm sitting her reading this with tears in my eyes! I hope things are going okay with you guys & let me know if I can ever do anything to help out!!

Trisa Johnson said...

thank you i thought it was kinda cute:) wow that is so neat! please let me know if i can ever help my work is very flexible and i can always help with the kids k!!no matter what im always here never forget that i hope school is going great for you and that the change is going good for gracie i know she ll make tons of friends love you guys give the kids loves!