Sunday, April 19, 2009

JuST A FuNNy SToRY..

So today we had a knock at the door and it was a member of our ward. They had brought Gracie a little envelope with her name on it. So she opens it up and its a little letter (like the missionary's get for their calling) and it said sister Holdaway you have been called to serve in the Japan mission (only more formal) and said she needed to be at the church to get on a plane and receive her instructions... I thought this was such a cute idea, and as i read it out loud to Gracie and i looked up at her she was almost in tears! Which if any of you know her that is uncommon. Well I said 'Gracie what is wrong?' she said "Mom.... I really don't think i am THAT big enough to be going on a plane to Japan!" LOL! I said "OH NO GRACIE! you are not really going to Japan its just a primary activity!" She was ok after that! She told me that she really would rather go on a airplane to see Brooklyn and Kena.. NOT Japan! haha! Just thought i would share that with you all! lol

3 comments:

Tasha said...

That is way to FUNNY!! We sure wish she was getting on a plane to come & see us! The girls would be thrilled!!! Oh we sure do miss the silly things that little Gracie comes up with! Tell her to send me her list of names b/c we sure do NEED it!! Hugs to all!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

That is way funny!!! We were at my mom's when they came here, so Katelyn was way excited to receive the same call. She has a dance thing this Saturday with Vadels(she is taking dance from them and cheer from Dance Factory), so we don't know if she will be able to go yet. I am going to start walking this week when it is warm if you want to get out and go walking let me know. There are a few ladies down the new subdivision taht want to go and I said that I would walk up there to meet them. You are more than welcome to join in!!!

the olsen family said...

That is so funny! I remember doing that in primary. They had chairs set up in the hall with little paper windows on the wall to look like an airplane and then different rooms were set up to be each different country. Way fun!